Thursday, October 7, 2010

way overdue

okay, i'm way way way way way long overdue on a blog post.

but things are going generally well in this here state of colorado.

school's great--i couldn't have asked to be more prepared. meredith college was the best possible place for me to do my undergrad, and i'm so thankful for everything i learned there. and now i'm really happy here. i'm doing well in my classes (i think...as we really haven't turned much in yet, and currently i'm procrastinating on studying for a midterm).
i'm loving every person in my program. my cohort is AMAZING and we're becoming the best of friends. it's awesome.
oh, and i think i have an idea of what i'm going to do for my thesis and who my thesis advisor will be. i'm not going to spoil too many details because i haven't actually told my parents yet, but it's a start! and i'm excited.

last week i was very homesick. i'm not sure quite what it was, but i really needed my mom to be just a walk across campus away. thank goodness i have cousins an hour away (who seriously make things so much better) and great friends here who have helped to cheer me up. Seeing my parents 4 weeks from today will be the best thing ever. as will going to cornhuskin' and returning to mc!

in other news, my apartment is, well, a mess. it's seriously the last thing on my mind with all the school work i have to do. however, living by myself was the best decision i could've made. it's a total solace and it can be a mess if it needs to be :)

and....i got glasses. i'm still getting used to them. but it explains why i struggled with reading during undergrad. i'm hoping they help me out a bit here.
october is nuts and full of TONS of work....so i'm going to need every little ounce of help I can get.


happy october, happy fall, and please wish me luck through this crazy month!

1 comment:

Carolina City Girl said...

LUCK! :) and more posts, please...hehe