Friday, June 25, 2010

bane of my existence

i'm at the point where really getting ready to move to fort collins. in fact, the subaru will roll out early in the morning on saturday, july 24th. that's less than a month away. and when i say ready, i mean, like, really ready. i'm ready for colorado weather, the mountains, starting my new adventures, and most of all i'm ready to be settled somewhere. don't get me wrong--there are things i'm going to miss about life in raleigh, especially my family, friends, and kiddos; however, this whole living "in between" thing is starting to get to me.

unfortunately, though, moving is not the easiest of processes. i've complained about moving several times a year for the past 4 years--into my res.hall room/apartment, out at holidays, out for summer, to/from colorado/denmark for 3 summer; nevertheless, none of those "moves" would i really call moves at this point. tracking down moving companies with good google ratings AND reasonable prices is difficult. furthermore, actually having an understanding of how many items i'll be moving without boxing up all my possessions. it's a process and it's very frustrating, but if i'm going to get to colorado, i'm going to need to deal with it.

thus, boxes and the life unsettled are the current bane of my existence. as are all my possessions. i have too many, but i really can't bear to part with them.


on a happier note, i'm freaking out less about my furniture situation since miss kellie and i did a little yard sale-ing last saturday morning. we were up at the crack of dawn, but we had some really fun finds. for me it was two $5 tables that won my heart. and i'm excited to make something fun out of them. i can't wait to repaint these tables and give them some beautiful character.


oh, and remember that desk my mom forgot about? check out this beauty. it's going to be a beautiful yellow marigold color. i'm so excited.

No comments: